View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #243
gerfunken

Re: Scott's 1972 Chevy K-20. A place to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Looking good Scott! That's a great idea on the cooking book. Although, the diving joint may not like hooks and line in their tour/swim.

On your trans, yours is a 47rh. 46's were put behind small gas engines. 47's were behind the V10's and diesels. A lot of parts do interchange from 6's to 7's but some don't. Just something you might need to know down the road. Have you decided how you want to control it yet?
Ya, my fat fingers at work, hitting the wrong keys... It's usually the RE/RH that I mess up, not the 46/47... oh well. I'm still thinking this one through, but also remembered a post where you'd stated that you were going to try the pressure switches on the Excursion... I've was going to follow-up on that thread to see if you'd gotten to that point yet.

I've kind of shifted the priority to getting the thing running, and have really put that decision on the back-burner at this time. It feels like I've got two choices, either run with the pressure switches or run a couple of items through the control module that I've still got.

1972 Chevy K20
Picture Gallery
Build Thread

1930 Chevy AD
Picture Gallery

1929 Ford Model-A
Picture Gallery

1975 Triumph TR-6
Picture Gallery
gerfunken is offline   Reply With Quote