Old 08-27-2013, 10:52 PM   #15
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Re: Recommend carb for 5.7 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezer#99 View Post
THat kit would work.
But!!
No offence but doesn't sound like you have any experience with carbs. Cliff will rebuild yours. Check on his web page under 'services'.
If you want to tackle it yourself we can certainly provide you with a ton of links that show you how.

As always, take some pics of your carb for us.
Cliff currently has over a year waiting list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_John View Post
Those are expensive kits! I got one for $20 at autozone.
Cliff's kits are the best out there. An Autozone is decent, but to trult tweak a Q jet, Cliff's kit is tops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbowties View Post
Your statement is just too funny to pass up: I've seen a few q'jets that looked like someone DID rebuild them blindfolded. And, I agree they are a bit more complicated than some, with so many systems and adjustments that need to be to coordinated. But my belief is they have so many 'extra', adjustable functions that they can be (better?) finely tailored to each individual engine's needs. Kinda like the simpler carbs may merely perform close enough to what engines need that they approach a one-size-fits-all, albeit not optimally--all this IMO, and open to disagreement.
Sam
Agreed! A properly set-up Q-jet is superior to any Holley, Carter, or other 4 barrel carb in terms of being good for economy AND power production. That is not my opinion - it has been proven time after time. If you want to go fast at the track or just want to throw a carb out of the box on an engine and go, the Holley is your carb. If you want a carb that gets good mileage, and makes excellent power, and supplies the engine with the proper cfm it needs at all throttle positions, the Q-jet is where its at.
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote