Old 08-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #1193
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Nice Pics! Good memories.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks. Good, bad, in between. Had them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Well Done.

Very Well Done.

Killer pics of the boy and the GMC.
Viiiiiiiideooooooooooooooooooooo.
Big'ol burnout past the DQ......... Priceless
It being a 1 wheel wonder when in 2wd gives me the opportunity to burn through all 4 tires eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeZ View Post
You've obviously received too many paychecks in a row. Your priorities are getting jumbled and you're losing focus. Take a deep breath.

All kidding aside, that thing is gorgeous, especially remembering back to what you started with. I know you're still working on the wipers, but it looks naked without them, and if it was mine I think I'd have to get the exhaust tucked up higher and more incognito looking, but that's just me. If you like it,
I love it! Great work HG!
Everyones a critic.

Long ways to go. Some of the things will get attention eventually, as the project continues. Exhaust might get tweaked for practical reasons, get it up out of the way more. This is truly one of those projects with no end. It's my toy to play with, experiment on, learn with, etc. My canvass so to speak.

Blast from the past. Same boy, and the rig that got this started. I'm using the bumper from that truck, the top, and I think the base of the hood. The grill is in the attic yet as a back up.

As it sat in the junkyard...

Then I got this one and I'm using the front seats, the chassis and driveline, minus the engine which I rebuilt from another ebay find. And maybe the rear bumper.

As it sat in the junkyard.

Then I got this tub from a parts truck in AZ (this was the "good" side)...

Used the wheels from this rig. I still have the push bar, door panels, front axle maybe and a few other odds and ends...

Fenders were junkyard finds, and at least one of the doors. The passenger door came with the cab I bought for my C-10 out of CO. Tailgate came off the parts board here from a guy in the twin cities area. Tires from Da burbs stock of old crap that were mounted on ford wheels, which I sold. The actual number of different vehicles this was built from is almost impossible to know, but it's safe to say probably at least a dozen.

Cripes, I must be a total loon.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote