Thread: Pontiac "C-10"
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #21
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Re: Pontiac "C-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Pretty cool. I like everything about it except,personally,the crossed up years don't fit my taste. I actually have a similar idea I've considered for my '67 GMC project,but more mechanical than appearance and more era-correct. It all started with the M22 I have for it from a '65 GTO. I figure the GMCs and Pontiacs were sold together,for the most part. Since almost all '67s had 6s,the vibe would be a truck done by a Pontiac wrench who would have a good connection to deals on cast-off Pontiac (warrantied) mechanicals,the ability to easily rebuild,and easy access to parts with a healthy discount. I did work for a guy that I could get a '65 389/3spd Bonnie from for the taking. See where I'm going? My budget is tight these days and I already have a built 327 ready for it,so I dunno. But,I do have a '65 GTO steering wheel,bucket seats,vacuum gauge in pod,and hubcaps!!

In Canada the GMCs had few differences,but the only cosmetic thing was the fender badges. Here's the only Pontiac pickup I know of,other than Utes:
That would be really cool, Tim! I've always connected GMC and Pontiac as well. If you lived closer, I'd give you a great deal on a Pontiac 400 with '65 #76 heads and factory 4 barrel AFB intake, if you wanted it, to make the swap even closer. GMC's came with Pontiac V8's until the V6's were introduced in 1960, and Pontiac engines are excellent truck engines with their insane torque. You could run some pontiac twin exhaust splitters to add a little more Poncho to it.

The Pontiac poverty caps are some of the best looking dog dishes there are out there, and would look awesome on a set of 8" steelies with a 4/6 drop. I'm riding around with a set of those on my '67 GTO right while I'm working on it.
Attached Images

'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote