View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
docstheman

Re: 70' C10 Work Truck

Ok, so the first thing I did was get it home and take out all the random crap and drive it to the car wash. It hadn't been washed in a couple of years. I also went to autozone and picked up an antenna, window roll up handles and a fuel filter. I threw on the parts except for the filter in the parking lot. When I got back I loaded up the girlfriend and took her out for a blizzard at DQ. The truck died on the way back and I had to push it into the CVS parkinglot. I could smell gas. Somhow it flooded while it was running. Mindblowing to me. After it sat for a bit it cranked right back up. I imagine a little piece of rust got into the carb and hung that float. The next day I installed a new fuel filter. The other one was disgusting and was full of rust. I went back and got a another as backup and I plan on cleaning out the tank pretty soon. In the past on old motorcycles I have used muriatic acid and then ospho to neutralize the acid. Truck runs great again, but the starter sounds a bit scratchy. The next item to fix is the transmission fluid leak.
Attached Images

Click Here for my Blazer Build: 1971 Blazer 4x4

Click Here for my Work Truck Build: 1970 C10 LWB

Toys: 1970 C10, 1971 Blazer 4x4, 1976 Corvette Stingray L82, 2011 Cadillac CTS 6 speed, 2008 VTX 1800F

Last edited by docstheman; 09-04-2013 at 04:43 PM.
docstheman is offline   Reply With Quote