Thread: Pontiac "C-10"
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #50
special-K
Special Order

Re: Pontiac "C-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpioskorpio View Post
Um French Riviera actually, well specifically Monoco. So maybe it should be Monte Minuette.
Is that the one Chevy named it after? Because there are also Hotel Monte Carlos in Barcelona and Seville,Spain...maybe others. The one on the Riviera is probably the original. And,HEY! I just realized the connection between the Riviera and Monte Carlos. Back in 81/82 or so I hooked up with the gal I ended up marrying,who had two kids. I had a '71 K/20 and wanted a Chevy family car from the same year/era for my new family. I decided since I had a rough & tumble truck,it would be cool to have a smooth comfortable glide ride (already bought a '55 wagon). It seemed the Monte Carlo would be perfect,since I didn't want to get too far away from the sportier Nova/Chevelle end of the line. That's when I stumbled on the '63 Riviera I bought. I looked at it and it hit me,"this is the same type of car". It's the car that started the whole personal luxury line for GM that came out in the late-60s. But,I never saw the connection in the names. Hmmm...Grand Prix,that's French,too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Starmino... the english doesn't sound right
Posted via Mobile Device
You're right. What was I thinking? It's so obvious. That one is an El Camino II. Sounds better than Staroad

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote