View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #68
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Re: Chevy GMC Bucket Seat Floor Mounting Brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpatowers View Post
You sent me brackets for the rear bolts on both the driver and pasenger side seats. What am I supposed to use for the front bolts on both seats? I realize that one of the front bolts on the passenger seat is bolted into an existing bracket. But what do I use for the other front bolts? Do they require bracing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerKoop View Post
The front bucket mounting just used a square nut welded to the floor. No additional floor support brackets was used except for what was used for the bench seat. I will take some photos of the front mounting and add them later
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Bowties View Post
Mr. Koop, was just directed (by another member w/?'s) to your F/S thread and the above quoted answer from post #37 which contains some incorrect info. All of the 69-72 A50 bucket optioned pickups, suburbans and of course blazers had a fwd x-member brace joining the two main cab floor supports if truck/suburban or rocker boxes if blazer/jimmy that the front attaching point of the bucket seat brackets were securely bolted into. We have posted detailed bottom view pictures of OE bucket seat floor pans in several threads on this website over the years, if you have a look at some of these old threads on the subject you will see that there was a fwd cross member brace originally used. Mel
Mr. Koop, just noticed that you never replied back to our above post from a few days ago. Here are some clear detailed pictures taken just yesterday to go with my above reply regarding the 69-72 pickup bucket seat fwd x-member brace marked below @ yellow arrows. We have easily owned, sold and or traded somewhere around thirty to thirty five 69-72 bucket seat trucks and or cabs over the years and am not trying to come of as being an a-hole on the matter, just trying to get the correct info out there after being told by one of your bracket buyers that we are wrong/incorrect because "Roger says a fwd brace was never used on bucket seat trucks". Mel
Attached Images

Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote