View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #48
baclay9

Re: 1974 SWB "Clifford" goes to Oklahoma

Well, I pretty much got it all buttoned up. I think there is an issue with the placement of the sway bar. I bolted it up where the stock one was bolted directly to the frame (because the stock sway bar brackets are gone). It appears to be too far back though. It bent the end link bolts when I aired the truck out. I don't think I had the end link bolts assembled in the correct order anyway. I think the spacer was in the wrong spot but am unsure how to tell as the instructions suck. I am going to have to figure out a way to tell is the sway bar needs to be moved forward or what. Maybe I am suppose to have the stock frame brackets, I'm just not sure.

Anyway, here are pics of it where it will sit when aired out and at ride height.

Here is the way the end link was assembled. Anyone know if this is right? I don't think it is.

Here is where the crossmember sits when "aired out". If the inner fenders were out, it would lay out on the crossmember. the tires are about 1/2" off the inner fenders in this pic.

baclay9 is offline   Reply With Quote