View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Re: $2500 to chrome my mirrors - now need fasteners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
During my restoration one deviation from stock I made was to get my West Coast Sr mirrors (and brackets, etc) chromed. They're normally white.

In any event, I was more than a little surprised to see it cost $2500 to do it. Granted, there are 26 pieces to them not counting fasteners, so it was about $100 a part on average. Still seems steep, but what's done is done.

Anyhooo... now by comparison the acorn nuts and bolts and various other fasteners will look ugly by comparison, even though I polished them as best I can.

I cannot seem to find a "bolt kit", particularly in chrome. So I'm thinking I need to piece together two new sets from individual plastic washers and chrome acorn nuts and so on. Some are so specialized I'll have to use the originals.

Before I start spending $7 a nut at a fastener place I thought I'd check to see if anyone knows of a bolt kit for the mirrors.

Thanks!
Dave
Wait. What??? They are trying to charge you $2,500 for chrome mirrors? That's rape. I wouldn't stand for that. They can try to say all day long that this is the going rate, and that there were lots of pieces, bla bla bla. They should have stopped, and asked themselves "is it right to charge this guy $2,500 for mirrors", and got you on the horn for approval. Something doesn't smell right. You sure they didn't use solid gold? Complain. Raise hell. Don't stand for it.

If you can't get anywhere, and you're stuck with them, is $7 a nut really a big deal, after what you just spent?
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote