View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

I Had A Revelation Today - pics

Related to a build, and particularly this one-man garage built (with a little help from my friends) I usually think, "I'm never through". Or, "I'm never gonna be done".

But, I just had a lightbulb go on today while I was rebuilding one of the drums out back.

I'M DONE! Never done with maintenance. Or that little gizmo you want to add, upgrade, etc. In fact, I'm going to do some freshening up...and maybe *heating up* of the motor sometime down the line.

But, I can now declare a moratorium on parts buying....From grille polishing to seat choice and install to fake wood bed to roll pan molding. From suspension upgrades on the frame as it came from Mike,
to exhaust, to door handles to welding up holes in the cab.

Windows, window trim, door seals, door sills, rocker panel to body skimming and paint (Lee). Transmission freshen, new driveshaft mfg, to the pumpkin c/o Mike and fans.

Big dough and lots of fun and blood and tears.

Now, to drive her and fix the basic maint. stuff...And add stuff when wanted....*if* wanted....It's been a good run. And I've bored a ton of you on the "What Did You Do To Your Truck Today" thread,
as I hoisted my old, fat body under over, around and through RAT for these almost five years.

Thanks soooo much to everyone for all the help and encouragement. Nods to so many, but I have to say thanks to Locdoc and VWNate and C/10 King, olyellow, Shawn072, kevsclassics...
so many. I could never name all of you, or thank you enough.

It's a strange feeling. I know we're never REALLY done. But getting to this point is a real mixed bag. A *good* bag. But a *mixed* bag.
Attached Images

But always a rat.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote