View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 03:32 AM   #20
47 Fasttoys

Re: Loadmaster '47 COE

Decided to clamp things together to get a visual of where I'm at as far as ground clearance on the running boards etc..you can see from the first 2 picks I should be OK for fender clearance as long as I don't do any off roading. For the last picture this is my basic engine space. An LS engine with the Vette or F body intake and oil pan measures about 28 inches, if I go 3 inches up on the back of the cab I can maintain around 6 inches ground clearance. If I flip the intake backwards and run the low mount alternator I can push about half the engine behind and under the seat. I will of course have to make an access panel for front engine maintenance. My thinking is with a newer model drive train once I work out the normal start up bugs I will not be spending a lot of time working on the engine. I have EFI in both my other rides ('46 1/2 ton and '65 FFR Cobra) and they are almost maintenance free. The more I can move the engine to the front the better. I want to avoid a 10 foot bed. 7 foot or 8 foot would be fine. I plan on doing some towing with this thing and maybe a 5th wheel. The engine location and options are still in the planning phases. As a matter fact the whole chassis is still in the planning phase.
Rob

47 Fasttoys is offline   Reply With Quote