Thread: 84 c10 stepside
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 02:10 AM   #1
jpnh

84 c10 stepside

When I started this is what the truck looked like. i drove it around for the summer like it was. just had to do some small stuff to make it pass for a sticker. fun truck. people love it. the tunes are loud enough. covered in rain in those pics it dont look bad. but the closer you looked at it every panel needed attention. like they painted it over bad prep work, and the suspension was hacked. rearend was starting to go. looked up the vin its a 1984 originally red 6 cyl from canada it had the 350/350trans set up in it already. runs/shifts good b&m floor shifter nothing on the tree. i liked that about it. reminded me of my camaro in highschool. the tailgate was welded shut {didnt like that} and there was a steel tailpan frenched in smoothed cutout for the exhaust the springs were heated and bent to lower the truck a definant no no. unacceptable. had to make it my own. i worked on a few squares back in the early 80s with my brother but they were all stock work trucks 4wd mudders tow trucks flat beds n such nothing ever lowered i always liked the look of a stepside wood bed. never did one of those. my brother had a mid sixtys c10 shortbed stepside smallblock 4 spd when i was young im talkin when i was 6. my brother was a nut back then. i remember to this day he picked me up from school a few times in it. that thing would fry the tires. needless to say it certainly left an impression on my soul.ill post more when i have time to convert the pix-jeff
Attached Images

Last edited by jpnh; 09-20-2013 at 02:15 AM. Reason: bad spelling
jpnh is offline   Reply With Quote