Thread: 84 c10 stepside
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #20
jpnh

Re: 84 c10 stepside

After i got everything primed sufficiently. i wet sanded the cab and all the parts to the bed with 320 grit again. then i cleaned everything with glass cleaner. i like to use a spray bottle w/warm water/a lil dish soap. keeps the paper from clogging up. at this point i was still looking for the LH rear fender w/o the fuel door.I was going thru LMC. i ended up getting my RH fender there with some other bits and pieces, but i guess they were having a hard time getting more LH ones, and didnt know when they would have any more. so i ended up lookin everywhere. there were guys on craigslist tryn to get over $500 for one. i could see maybe for a new stock gm one but a foriegn one {come on}. Then i found classicparts.com. they got me one for 200 bucks. they have a nice catalog. {check m out.} my original fenders were way too far gone.{sorta like i feel sometimes} good for a mud truck, or a beater, or someone to put a 100 hrs into. i ended up getting one RH fender that someone said "only needed paint"{ya right} in a deal i had, but when i got it, it needed more time than just getting a new foreign one. maybe someday ill find that mint pair of nos/gm ones. i ended up takin the loss/gettin a new one. i got 3 used stepside fenders 2 passenger 1 drivers one with the fuel door {any one need them?} finally got that in, and caught up i ended up sanding the E.D.P. lightly with 320 grit cleaning them real good with glass cleaner and spraying them with epoxy primer.then wet sanding them again.-jeff
Attached Images

jpnh is offline   Reply With Quote