Quote:
Originally Posted by big_al_71 View Post
Great progress!!!!
Thanks for checking in Al!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 View Post
Awesome job on the tailgate Mike
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks Keith, It turned out pretty good. I can't seem to get any good pics with my phone or camera though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Campo View Post
How do you like that longest Dura Block? Is it necessary do you think or did you rarely use it? Have heard varying opinions about it
The longest one is 30 inches. It's a must have. You don't think it's necessary till you try it. It makes it a lot easier getting long areas of filler blocked out. I have been doing a skim coat on all my panels and you would be surprised how wavy the GM sheetmetal is, even with original paint and no filler. I use the long one on bare metal to show the high points so I can hammer and dolly them too.
Second most used block is the 16" I think. I will measure it. I used to use it all the time till I got the 30". This one you can buy pre cut paper for, that's handy.
I use 80 grit paper on a roll for almost all my prep and filler. Once I get to start blocking I'll start with 240 grit and work my way up to 600 wet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
It's really cool to see you back on this again, Mike.
Thanks Steve. I never stopped, just slow to update. Life gets in the way of my progress sometimes. I'm not fast like Kyle either. I'm getting close on the panels. All pieces are in epoxy or high build except the inner fenders.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote