View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #1208
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

I've been messing around with this off and on the past couple days. Wanted to get the gauges working so I ordered a temp sending unit. I did not realise the holes in the heads were a different size being vortec heads so now I need to find a sending unit that will work with the OEM gauge and fit the smaller probably metric head holes.

I hooked up the oil press gauge. Only issues with that is even my 80 psi gauge isn't a high enough range and I sprung a leak at the engine fitting. I fixed that and can live with the gauge burrying the needle at higher revs.

Then I got the fittings and hose to hook up the vacuum gauge. No problems there.

Then I looked at the gas gauge wiring. I got the wire plugged into the fuse block. And it looks like its hooked to the sending unit. But no movement on the needle. I got the ground wire under the dash on. Still nothing. Have to keep working on it.

Lastly was the tach. If u remember I adapted a camaro tach into it. I got the wires all connected and fired it up. The needle tracked up and up only. Wouldn't come back down to idle. Might just be sticking from lack of use. Might need lubricated. Might be junk. It sorta worked so I did something right.

If anyone knows how to get the temp gauge working please let me know.
Posted via Mobile Device
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote