View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
63suburban

Re: 1963 chevrolet suburban carryall - pics and a few questions

Attached a pic of the engine compartment, pre electric fan. (1st post only allowed me 5 photos.)

Ok I got a few questions.

1st thing I am working on is replacing the door weatherstripping and door felts, wing window rubber etc. Mine are completely shot.

Picked up the door weatherstripping, vent window rubber, and 8 piece deluxe door kit from gmcpauls. (thanks for the suggestions in the threads)

8 piece kit is precision brand. Looking at the parts. Took apart the pieces and thinking things through. I have been using this thread for tips on the job. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=351471 Thanks Alan's Classic!

Makes me wonder???

Do I need to cut the division bar w felt into 2 pieces. One piece for the division bar and one piece for the glass run channel?

If so, what works well for cutting? There is a metal backing on the felt/fabric material.

There is a piece of a felt with adhesive backing. Precision Part # GRP 1112 55 (see attached photo)
When I search google it is listed as a glass run channel. This makes me think it goes into the top portion of the door, Does the adhesive piece go behind the felt in the top of the door? If not what are the steps to install?

For the record, my doors have the metal frames around the glass.
Any insight links or tips are appreciated.
Thanks!
Attached Images

63suburban is offline   Reply With Quote