Thread: Project TN 20
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #32
R_W

Gotta have tunes...

I thought I could get by for a year or so listening to the sound of the engine until I could do a proper stereo. Plans are for a Kenwood touchscreen in a custom modified dash, amp, subwoofers, custom kick panels. But no, I can't wait.

So I rummaged through the closet and pulled out a vintage 90's CD player, and some 6x9's in a box. Working in an electronics factory I'm a bit particular about my wiring. I like to put in a disconnect, solder all wires, and heat shrink. Also I tend to put strain reliefs in so the wires don't fatigue at the solder joint (ask me how I learned that).

Kenwood stereo connector and vehicle side connector. This allows changing stereos without cutting and soldering inside the vehicle, quite a pain.

Connected to vehicle side connector, ground wire to right, speaker wires snaked under carpet to left, old school.

Dash was already hacked for some krappy kraco I threw away day 1, so no foul putting this guy in.

That is so redneck, but my doors are not cut, and I'm not ready to build kick panels yet.

2 hours and I have tunes. A bit redneck, but worth it.

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

"Daddy, that truck's not red"
Build Thread: TN 20 Build
R_W is offline   Reply With Quote