View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
danheit

$$ dilemma.... buy parts or make more$$

So occasionally I purchase cars and trucks to flip and make cash on. I recently bought a 95 chevy for $500 and sold it tonight for 1000. SO, now I am stuck with the age old question. Do I drop cash on my C10 now, or look for another truck and go for another flip??
I have really been contemplating purchasing a 60-66 chevy truck, but can't find any decent ones for cheap. I found a 70 on CL tonight for under 1000 but if I buy that, it's gonna end up solely for me and won't get re-sold. I would rather have $$ for my C10, as I have PLENTY of stuff to do, but I also know that if I spend that cash on the truck, that's it for a while. That will deplete my truck fund for at least a year (I only spend $$ on my truck that I make by selling parts, I don't take out of the regular household budget).
Any suggestions? Here's the big things I need/want to do to mine
Lower (may just buy 2 bags for the rear and some drop springs for front)
New Door seals
Different bench seat or have mine recovered (it's red from a 1990 GMC)
new front and rear bumpers
fix A/C
have D/S shortened for my 700R4 swap
buy TV setup for 700 swap, Lockup setup also
Paint truck
I know I can't do all this for 1000 but it will give me a good head start on alot of it. I am usually very resourceful when it comes to finding parts.
1979 Jeep CJ7 - Build date on the day I was born! -Keeper
2004 Expedition - Family Hauler
2007 Accord - Wife's around towner; I have more but not enough lines to post them!
danheit is offline   Reply With Quote