View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #533
Can't kech me

Re: 2 for 1, My son's first Square Build

it's not so much that it's missed deadlines, it's getting to the point where all the truck wants to do is break and cause trouble and there's been nothing but that since it ever ran. It's about to be on its 3rd transmission, and i doubt the truck has 40 miles on it since its been running. it's getting VERY expensive, time consuming, and it seems like we take 1 step forward and 2 steps back everytime we feel like we've gotten something accomplished. Drove the truck around with the first tranny and it was great aside from no interior or AC but i was so happy to finally be driving my truck it didn't matter. Then it started slipping on my way up a hill coming home, so i kept driving a little bit and sho nuff, it got to the point it wouldn't shift out of 1st gear. Took it to the shop that installed the shift kit and they determined the 3-4 clutches were burnt up, at this point i thought no biggie, i had known that it was coming, we (my dad), decided that one small cooler would be sufficient with the stall converter we were running. It wasn't. we found a nother guy to do a bench build for us and put together another 4l60e with some upgraded parts and a lot tighter stall, truck ran fine for a while, and we (my dad) tried to reuse a bad AN fitting instead if buying a new one and it blew apart and puked all the fluid up and ate up 1st gear. since then i have not touched the truck and it has sat in the drive way. School has started, and i'm working at sears, and doing a little fab job on the side, barely making enough to pay the insurance and gas for what i'm driving as of now. My dad is coaching owens football, so we don't have anytime between either of us to get anything done on it. I will never sell this truck. I have way too much in it other than money, I will put it back together and finish the interior, maybe even put AC in it, and drive it everyday. Sorry for the long winded post but i had to get it out there. A lot of you maybe thought i "didn't know what i had" but i'm pretty sure id do, i have a red, loud, low, badass moneypit that i'm pretty sure i love more than anything in the world. I've put more into this than anything else, ever.

Can't kech me is offline   Reply With Quote