View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #28
8lugnutz

Re: Help with identifying something on fuse box

With the testing I did, the relay stayed engaged. However, with that said, it was a short test. The GM Parts WIKI shows the title of this part to be:

CONTROL, Fuel TK MTR SEL SW ELEC Timer http://www.gmpartswiki.com/getpage?pageid=93626

I interpret that to be "Fuel Tank Motor Selector Switch Electrical Timer". Based on this new information, my theory now is that the relay does not remain permanently engaged by constant power (as I previously stated based on my short test), but rather is only engaged initially by the orange wire when the key switch is in the START position, and once the timer has expired, returns the relay to "normal" operation by powering to the tank selector switch by the PNK/BLK when the key switch in the RUN position. This would result in the power being removed from the circuit completely once the key switch is turned to the OFF position, therefore preventing battery drain.

I will pull the relay and do a bench test on it and see if I can figure out how long it remains engaged and let you all know if my theory is correct. Then I just might eat some crow with a smile, and update my diagram

My wife told me I spent too much time on Facebook. So I bought an old truck. Now she wishes I was on Facebook, it was cheaper.
8lugnutz is offline   Reply With Quote