View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #36
DGulliver

Re: $18,000.....really?.......REALLY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turp mcspray View Post
It's funny how people always cry about the "undeserved" low value of the truck market, but yet crucify anyone who tries to sell something, for anything more than a firesale price!
Everything has value to someone. I never cared for the anniversary models, but from what I have seen on the board, they do have a strong following.
Anyone that has ever restored something, knows that $18,000 doesn't go very far anymore. It will make someone a nice truck.
^this.

I like to buy and sell a few cars and trucks too, especially when I think I can make a little money and 'rescue' one to a good home. It helps me finance my own projects. I don't see anything wrong with that. Everybody I've sold an old car or truck to has been happy with it, and I still have a few collectors who call me when they're looking for something again. Nothing wrong with some good 'ol American commerce among the citizens. That said, I've never marked one up to over double what I got for, wow..but I still hope he gets it. These old trucks are still relatively cheap, and not only cool, but useful too.
'96 Dodge Indy Ram Official Indy Truck
'99 Porsche 911 Carrera