View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 12:37 AM   #3
Gary 70 Jimmy

let see if I can write this out. First thing you do not take the doors off it will help hold the the body together. Then cut 2 2X4 long enough to go across the bed drill holes in them on the ends mach the holes up to the bolt holes for the top and bolt one in the frount and back of the bed to help hold it together. Get 2 real long I bolts and bolt them in the 2 cab mount holes in the frount.Then get 2 more I bolts (7/16 I think) and they should go right into the nuts were the seat belts bolts were on the bed edge. Then get 2 log chains and a hoist. Hook chains from the frount I bolt to the back I bolt then loop both chains over the hoist hook. Make sure you take the steering column out. This will hold most of the weight you can put a hoist on back or put a comealong from the hoist hook in the frount to the 2X4 in back and pull it tight. Or you can have one person pick up on the back when you hoist it up. I took mine off with one person helping me. Dont let the back come down to fare if the body is rusted it mite crack at the back of the doors or across the back of the cab floor. I hope this helps.
Gary 70 Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote