View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #69
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Re: If you had the money what would you do to your truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMERDOC View Post
I'd have body gaps that rivaled any of the finest Germans and Italians, the stock color (506 Medium Blue Poly) but layers of glass-like clear so that it looks like its still wet and you can reach your arm up to your elbow in it. I'd want an interior that from a quick glance looked like a very nice Stock interior but a quick tour would show you that its anything but stock. I've thought about every motor GM has offered and I think I would base mine off the L88 tri power motors. The bed wood would be as nice as the paint. I like the Birdseye Maple, Leopard and Lace that one of the bigger bed wood companies offer, capped off with polished, hidden bolt skid strips. I'd top it off with a beautiful 20/22 wheel package. Not sure which one but you get the idea. Not sure if I'd bag it or be happy with a 5/7 drop. 5/7s look very nice.
I'm not sure if I loved that write up because it reflects my dreams, or if I loved it because it was so well written.....But I will say this: It was like reading a (good) dirty book.

For me, I'd do a semi-dark, yet deeply "grainy", wood bed kit over the steel bed (I have a kind of nice, but funny wood bed floor on there now), go with a carbon fiber tonneau
that has an electric opener, and pretty up a 383 (3" exh)/700r4/3.73 combo. Drilled and slotted rear disks to match my front disks would be nice, too.

Oh, yeah. I'd have a stepper bed to match my Fleet...Change 'em up when I felt like it.

But, instead, I'm lucky to enjoy driving what I have right now.
Attached Images

But always a rat.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote