View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #70
BMERDOC

Re: If you had the money what would you do to your truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
I'm not sure if I loved that write up because it reflects my dreams, or if I loved it because it was so well written.....But I will say this: It was like reading a (good) dirty book.

For me, I'd do a semi-dark, yet deeply "grainy", wood bed kit over the steel bed (I have a kind of nice, but funny wood bed floor on there now), go with a carbon fiber tonneau
that has an electric opener, and pretty up a 383 (3" exh)/700r4/3.73 combo. Drilled and slotted rear disks to match my front disks would be nice, too.

Oh, yeah. I'd have a stepper bed to match my Fleet...Change 'em up when I felt like it.

But, instead, I'm lucky to enjoy driving what I have right now.
Sorry I was watching Motorweek and reading one of those books while I was typing!

That is what I would do with my truck given the chance. Details, details, details but at the same time not so overly done that each detail screams at you. Truthfully, I WOULD want you to think it was an overly restored, lowered and on big wheels C10. I would incorporate such things as candy orange instead of Chevy orange on the motor and leather instead of vinyl in the interior. I agree with a darker stain, especially with the 506 Blue. It would definitely be a Driver too! I would want to enjoy it as much as possible...this is a fantasy right?
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote