View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #984
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
Cool road trip! Thanks again for sharing your pics. My sister was at Glacier this summer too but apparently slightly earlier in the season as Going To The Sun was still closed when she was there. I was there in 97 in a old CJ and from there went to Rushmore and Badlands. I did a marathon nonstop drive from Sturgis back to southern Oregon so I wouldnt lose my job. Good times
Thanks. The Going To The Sun Road just opened a day or two before we got there. Glad it was open, even if we didn't get to see much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
You know Meiser with the Jeep and the diesel Dodge lives in the Durango area?
Don't know Meiser. We did stop and see ryanroo at his place outside of Durango though.

Quote:
Larry says the tourist traffic in Colorado in the summer dissuades him from driving the local areas.
Meh, Larry whines a lot.

Quote:
Was Larry's baby girl born yet when you were there?
We did stop and see Larry, but Mama was out with the baby, so we didn't get to see her. She probably didn't trust him with her just yet. Knowing Larry, there would probably be a bouncy chair set up on the bench with her in it while he works on his truck . Maybe not, but it wouldn't surprise me...

Quote:
Great pics of another super trip.
Thanks!!

Quote:
I think I am going to do a 2 day trip on the Mojave Road this next week with some friends. If I do I can reciprocate a little, since you have been carrying the off and on road travel guides for the last couple years!
Sounds good. You taking a real truck or one of those late model plastic ones??