View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #163
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's thread of miscelaneous stuff

The redneck limo was in front of a place called Gaines Auto Salvage in Glenville, MN. I had been within about 5 miles of the place before but had never taken this road before. I'm a firm believer in taking the road less traveled whenever I can. I parked by a Frazer. Never heard of it? Me either. But it's pretty slick looking and I love the front bumper.

Oh, and there is a short row of them along the dirt road that goes east from the yard.

I go into the office and ask if they have any 60's to 70's stuff. They say "Sure, whatcha lookin for?" 67-72 Chevy truck stuff of course. He says "We probably got 4 or 5 out there."

We go outside and here is my first view of the yard...

From this vantage I can spot about half a dozen 67-72 chevy trucks and he's telling me where others are at that are hidden behind things. And my mouth is hanging open. He didn't seem surprised. I'm spotting all kinds of things. He just tells me I can go look at anything, its a U-pull it or I can take pictures, whatever. I get my toolbag out of the trunk (always keep it with me) and start wandering the yard. You get to go with me. I can't name all the cars but I've never been in a yard with this much 30's to 50's stuff in my life. Before you all get wet and gooey inside and start making travel plans with your truck and trailer, here's fair warning. This is a MN junkyard and this stuff has been sitting in the weather, the weeds and grass for decades and after they had driven the salted highways we have here very winter. You may find what your looking for if you need 40's car parts but there will be rust and dents. With that said, it's an impressive vista of old iron that I doubt you can find in very many places anymore. Its astonishing really and I'm so glad I stopped..

Snaggletooth...

Love the gauge set up in here...

Weather eye knob?

Rambler American dash is cool as hell...

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote