View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #640
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Re: The Official John Lee Jr Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bleu View Post
I wasn't crazy about Tom's cut the input shaft/modify the splines method, so I decided to go with the spacer plate from Vintage Metal. Just got back from picking up the shortened and balanced drive shaft with new u-joints. Resurfaced flywheel ought to be ready Monday with a new 10.5" clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing. Also ought to have new bellhousing mounts and clutch fork, pivot,boot from LMC on Tuesday. We think that with some modification, we can reuse the stock e-brake crossmember so I won't have to go the '66 e-brake route. If all goes well, I ought to be shifting a 5 speed next week!

Sorry to hear that you need a new engine Rich, but I imagine that the peace of mind is worth something.
Peace of mind is worth two wives, 74 kids, $3000 and a bottle of good hooch....maybe more.

But, lemmie know the clutch plate #, pressure plate and throwout bearing yer using if its a 14 spline.....I'd like a 10.5 with the stock 65 pressureplate and throwout but if not, we'll see if a complet package for an 11" Astro will bolt up.