View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #294
SCOTI

Re: The Hillbilly Deluxe dually build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post
When I mounted the tires I lined up the paint dot with the valve stems. That gets them towards being balanced already. I'll probably take the truck to a good tire shop like Discount Tire and pay them to do the final balance. I use a small town tire shop ordinarily and they're in the habit of working on agricultural tires and other things. They're not really particular enough with stuff to trust with my wheels.

I used an electric DA sander to do the 80, 180, 220, and 320 stages. After that I got a big rubber tub with some water in it, put down heavy blankets in the living room, stole every one of my wife's ghetto towels and wet sanded 600, 1000, 1200, 1500, and 2000 grit while sitting on the floor watching TV in the evenings.

She was patient with me wet sanding in the living room floor and I got to endure watching Dancing With the Stars, Faceoff, The Voice and other similar horrible chick TV shows.
You do realize you didn't have to sit in front of the tv to do this task (especially when that programming was active).
The good thing is I'm no longer concerned about your love of Urban Cowboy chic.....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote