View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #299
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: The Hillbilly Deluxe dually build

Roy and Flashed, I'm glad you enjoyed the geek tech. They make Speedi-Sleeves for most any application where a seal rides on a machined surface. I found the part number for these on Pirate 4x4 then looked them up and ordered from Rockauto. They were 51 dollars for a pair of them delivered.

I've just been unmotivated today. But I can't sleep at night if I don't make some measurable progress so I chose an unpleasant task and dove in this afternoon for a few hours.

I'd showed pictures of my underbed conduit earlier. Today I finished all of that by bolting it to the bed structure, putting split loom on all the wires and running the wires through the conduit on both sides. I have all of the front bed and headache rack lights fully wired, soldered, heat shrunk, and loomed with the extra length hanging out at the back of the bed to be tied in to the rear bed harness.

I'd bought all of that split loom at Delcity when I ordered my wiring supplies. It worked out real well. A pair of wires gathered together in the split loom and then slid through the conduit makes a pretty bombproof setup. I won't worry about wiring issues ever again.

After looking at the pictures, I can see I need to pressure wash under my bed again. That scaly looking stuff is pretty much all mud. The bed only has a bit of superficial surface rust here and there. Certainly nothing to need addressing for another 30 years or so.

Last edited by Tx Firefighter; 10-27-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Tx Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote