View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #408
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

After four and a half straight days of home improvement, the rain moved in shutting down the carpentry project and allowing me to make a bit of progress on CRLS. First there was a massive cleanup, as sawdust, tools and scrap lumber littered the workshop. I ran the video wire for the dash cam thru the A-pillar with the rest of the wiring and taped it down. I then test fit the roof again with the firewall clamped in place. Probably didn't need to worry, but so much structural material is gone that I thought it prudent to at least clamp the f/w in place to check for twist. The front passenger corner of the roof had a small gap, but it disappeared as the clamps were tightened down. I set the rear gap first then clamped a long piece of 1/2" square tube in the center front. Worked my way to the corners and it all laid down very nice. Tomorrow I'll remove the roof skin and prep the edges, then slide over to the paint store and borrow the adhesive applicator again. By Thursday, it should be permanent.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote