View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #71
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: 70 C-20 4x4 Suburban Father/Son project

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
I am not on the net all the time! Returned home from my Mojave Trail trip last night. Not a lot of pictures and nowhere near the quality of Nicks stuff but I will post them in the 88-98 truck section either this evening or tomorrow. All went well except coming across Soda Lake towards the end of the trip. A couple of sudden drop offs and following washboard completely decimated the back of the Suburban. My ice chest must have done a complete flip and emptied its contents in the rear compartment of the Sub. So my job today is clean, clean, clean. The washboard pounded all the grease out of the ball joints! I'll explain more of the event in my post. For those that don't know I took my 1993 Suburban on this trip.
Lance we really do need pictures, your Suburban is coming along to nicely for us to be satisfied with just descriptive postings. Remember "A picture is worth a thousand words."
Ah, the Mojave Rd is great isn’t it?! I ran it earlier this year but Lance and Nick couldn't make it due to the time of year with kids still in school. We ran from Ft. Mojave to Xxyxx. What fun time. My trip report starts at post 60 HERE. I’ll keep an eye out in the 88 section for yours.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote