Thread: Company Trucks
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 01:12 AM   #155
Bierkan

Re: Company Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69CST-V View Post
Ok since its my thread I will be high jacking it from time to time as I don't intend on doing a full blown Alternate Tinkering thread. Spent the last night drawing the first renderings of the Drift Trike. There has been tons of interest so I thought I would share my concept. I have a lot more but this will give you an idea of what I'm doing.
FYI, there is a frame on e-bay for $45 that might help with this project. It's just the main backbone, but it has the neck already built and the mounting pont for whatever rear axle sub-frame you wish to build.

Did you say if you were going to drive the rear wheels or front with the engine? I've considered doing the front wheel. I have a blueprinted, roller bearing, .030 over 5hp Briggs in my garage from my kart racing days. It's an old Uncle Frank's engine. During the last freshening, it dyno'd 10.5 horse at 6600 rpms. Top speed on the banked 1/8th mile I raced was just about 70 mph. It would be too much motor to drive the rear wheels - it would just spin the PVC tubes - and I think it might be too much for the front wheel, too. If it turned a 12" wheel to 70, think how fast it would turn a 20" wheel! I'd best be wearing full leathers and a full face helmet.

1950 3100 on a 1972 C10 Chassis

Truck Blog

Motorcycle Blog

Last edited by Bierkan; 10-31-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Bierkan is offline   Reply With Quote