View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 10:21 PM   #284
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Just caught up on this one. 1st off.... congrats on the career moves. 2nd, the Blazer is looking tight. I'm a drop 'em kind of guy but love a mild 4x4 that looks OE-ish.

Glad you kept them both (I was going to offer keeping the truck for you ).
Thanks, Scot. I would have let you keep it- heck, I'd even let you drive it

I'm pretty torn on this one, too. It is just SO clean and original in appearance, which is a big part of its appeal. If I came across an original 2wd frame (like the TWO that sold here while I was away!), I would consider a tub swap, but I'm hesitant to do a 'hack job' on it. On the other hand, if PB would produce a complete conversion kit, like they do for 73-87, weeeeeeeelllll, I might have to change my mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vogel View Post
Where is the new one coming from? Someone restoring it for you?
I purchased a nice, original cupholder style; should arrive next week, I hope. I will be performing the console resto myself, including tear-down, cleaning, color change to parchment, and reassembly with stainless hardware (and maybe a stereo inside). I will document the process here.

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote