View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 10:37 PM   #285
SCOTI

Re: How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
Thanks, Scot. I would have let you keep it- heck, I'd even let you drive it

I'm pretty torn on this one, too. It is just SO clean and original in appearance, which is a big part of its appeal. If I came across an original 2wd frame (like the TWO that sold here while I was away!), I would consider a tub swap, but I'm hesitant to do a 'hack job' on it. On the other hand, if PB would produce a complete conversion kit, like they do for 73-87, weeeeeeeelllll, I might have to change my mind...

I purchased a nice, original cupholder style; should arrive next week, I hope. I will be performing the console resto myself, including tear-down, cleaning, color change to parchment, and reassembly with stainless hardware (and maybe a stereo inside). I will document the process here.
Buddy..... You're like me/others around here that are rather anal. Nothing you do would be a hack job. But, when you have multiple trucks, they don't all have to be planted (so I'm told ).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote