View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
Longhorn 70

Do I have the Eaton HO52 drum removal procedure correct?

I have to do my rear brakes. They are in serious need. I haven't decided whether to do the drums or upgrade to disc. Do I just remove the axles, hub nuts, take the drum off, pound out the studs, replace parts like a normal drum brake job.

If I stick with drums, more than likely have to replace the drums, shoes, seals, hardware kits, wheel cylinders, hoses and studs.

If I upgrade to disc, I'll have to buy brackets, loaded calipers, studs, proportioning valve, hoses and seals. I may also have to mod the ebrake cable. This will be about as much work as the drums.

My questions are.....

Do I want to use car calipers on a truck?
Will the car discs be more reliable than the drums? I know the pads are WAY easier to change than shoes.
Is it better to buy a kit with everything included or get brackets and hit ebay?

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Gal 6:9
Longhorn 70 is offline   Reply With Quote