View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 03:29 AM   #1
510ducati

New to me 1970 Utility truck

Long time lurker, first time posting. Picked up my dream truck about a month ago in Tracy Ca, about a 1.5 hours from me. I have been looking for a clean utility truck for the longest time and was lucky enough to come across this one on CL. Story goes a Almond farmer bought the truck for his ranch, guy I bought it from was the second owner who never used it. It is a C20, non a/c, 6cyl with a 4spd. I love the boxes and they are in awesome shape, also love the fact that they were US made Locally in Oakland Ca. I have a lot of dreams and plans for it, but for now its getting her road worthy. After a $15 carb rebuild kit and a $90 battery she fired right up and sounds great! I plan on doing a 5 lug and disk brake swap soon, as well as some torque thrusts or the salts. In the future I would love to do the 5.3/NV4500 swap. Here are a few pictures of where I found her, and the trip home. I will keep you guys updated as I work on her.

I would love it if you photo shop gurus could throw some torque thrusts on there with a little drop.

-Joao
San Lorenzo CA
Attached Images

510ducati is offline   Reply With Quote