View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
Special-Ed

Re: '08 1500 Z71 - Brake help

i just brought my truck to the dealer to diagnos blend door motor issues with my climate control... it was 130 bucks.. hooked scanner up checked all my motors checked firmware of the bcm

in 30 minutes the dealer can run the abs motors and check for issues, hell it might even be a recall... stabilitrac and traction control all work hand in hand with the abs... and without the scanner at the dealer all you are doing is wasting time and money with a shot gun approach. you also need to be able to check each wheels speed sensor... my point is talk to the dealer, see how much to just troubleshoot... then you can decide....

they told me what the issue is, parts are on order from a real parts store 130 bucks saved me 5 hours of ripping the dash out and having an inop truck for 3 days...

in all honesty, had i a scanner like the tech2 or whatever its called i could have done the same thing... but i have yet to find a non gm bcm scanner that can do what the dealer can do...

i used to be an engineer for pontiac many moons ago.... just because i can doesnt mean i should or would....

Last edited by Special-Ed; 11-16-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Special-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote