View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
mr48chev

Re: Camaro front clip questions

That's one my buddy did (my photo) . it sets the truck a bit lower than the one that Indian113 originally posted of the silver frame. The guy he was building that frame for wanted a very low truck and with the Trans Am frame set that low it is going to be right at the scrub line and maybe below.
I'm thinking that Jim trims the subframe so that the frame rails slip right into it as you can see on the inside of the rail view on the other side. He has done about 25 of those over the years for guys around the PNW and they seem to work pretty well.

Between that one and the silver one above it shows a good example of how guys adjust the static ride height by where they do the final attachment of the frame to the subframe. The Silver frame looks like it might be set up a bit more comfortable for daily driving on just about any road. The rockers are going to end up right about the same height as the rockers on a 79 Camaro but look low for a Task Force truck but not be so low you are going to go nuts going in and out driveways or down rough driveways like mine.

When I replied earlier I didn't realize that it was your post in post 2 rather than someone else's reply. I must have been more fuzzy headed than I thought this morning.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote