View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #11
Cobra427sc

Re: Camaro front clip questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59stepside View Post
Mr48Chev, thanks for your information! Can I get some clarification on scrub line...as far as I know, it refers to the point which the frame/engine/or trans would touch the ground if you set the truck on its rims without tires. Always keep everything above the scrub line, Like if you get a flat tire, it's not going to tear out your oil pan or drag frame. Is that correct?

Cobra427sc, thanks for the post, I began to start reading through it, but looks like I will need to sign up to see the picture attachments. Looks like it will be of great help!

To all, I have a 110 welder that's rated to weld the thickness of metal, I have always used flux core wire with it, and we all know that it doesn't look as good but strength is the same. Do you guys think I should fork out the extra $$ for an argon bottle to weld this up? I guess my friend has a harbor freight stick welder I can use, but haven't touched a stick welder for a couple years. What you all think?

No Problem 59stepside! I have a lot of pictures and info on what I did.! Everyone on this site is here to help with knowledge and safety issues when It comes to any build.

Like Indian113 said and I have been told by my welder, as I too have a flux core welder. If you are doing any frame welding use a 220 volt mig welder with an argon bottle. As penetration is the key here for safety issues and one thing you just can't skimp on when it comes to the safety of people in your truck or others on the road. Go with the motto...Better be safe then sorry!!!
Cobra427sc is offline   Reply With Quote