View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #15
bigmac73

Re: Engine Components Upgrade List (newbie)

show them the top end combo you are thinking about, ask them if they recommend a certain one, have them put it all together in the shop when they build the lower half,
i put a crate engine in mine, but the only issue is with that , if you have a problem and it is under warranty then it will be a hassle to get it fixed, i had to deal with them for a month or so and pull the engine twice and send it back twice to finally get it right,

i should have just used a local machine shop the whole warranty issue would have been easier that way , since the local engine /machine shop is down the street,
i talked to them and it would have cost the same either way

and yes summit sale rotating kits as well, but you need to let the machine shop get what they need for the build, just don't let them talk to some outrageous parts you don't need. Do your homework, another good website for info is www.hotrodders.com
Progression Ignition /Holley 750 DP/3:73 gear Eaton Limited Slip unit / 2 1/2 exhaust glasspacks

Last edited by bigmac73; 11-19-2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: add ons
bigmac73 is offline   Reply With Quote