Thread: My 63 Project
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #38
ZouchaR

Re: My 63 Project

And that is pretty much where I am today.

I purchased a new wiring harness early on, so that will go in after I get the motor in.

I plan to continue to clean up the frame and the engine compartment. Rebuild the front end, get a steering column (what years can I use if I want power steering)???? Also, I am going with 2" drop spindles and I want to cut at least one coil from the existing springs. How much drop do you guys think that will give me? I am thinking about 4 inches. I also want to drop the back about 4 inches and I really DO NOT want to notch the frame. I think I can go 4 inches with a single driveline. Your thoughts?

Also, KBS Cleaning is offering a really nice paint system for doing the frame. I am going to use that for the engine compartment, frame and maybe the inside. It can be brushed on and when it drys, the brush strokes are gone.

Drop the motor, bell housing and tranny in so I can get the specifics for the driveline. I am going from a two piece to a single since the front drive line would be about 18 inches long with this longer transmission.

I already have an issue with the rear end. The "dust shields" that are on my axle are solid. Meaning that they don't come off and leave the flange for mounting the new disk brake bracket. At least I don't think they come off, I haven't started tearing into them yet. Front end first. Thoughts??
ZouchaR is offline   Reply With Quote