View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #33
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: Let's see your homemade crafts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
Well, this isn’t really a craft but I guess it’s “homemade”…

This is a picture of the house my wife and I built. It took us 3 years to complete. The only things we didn’t do are hanging and finishing the sheetrock and the shingles on the roof. Some of the features of our home are: Wood house and garage foundations, Wood basement floor, and wood garage floor. (2 car attached garage) 3 bedrooms (2 down & 1 up), a sewing/craft room (in upstairs area), 2 Bathrooms (1 on 1st floor & 1 in upstairs area), 1st floor laundry, central vacuum system, and a breakfast nook. The main floor is handicap accessible with 3 foot wide doorways, a five foot wide main hallway, and Wheel chair accessible shower.

The only concrete used in the construction of this home was 14 bags of dry concrete mix used for setting the posts for the front porch.

LockDoc
Very nice house ,,exactly what the wife wanted .nice big covered porch..and the breakfast octagon look from the oustside is a great addition to the look of the house.. gotta ask ya ,,why is it that you decided not to use cement for a foundation.. not knocking anything Leon ,,I am just used to the mold and rot from Oregon on the coastal areas ..

Did you tear down the existing farm house on the property,, I say that cause of the photo of your old barn I have seen..nice ol barn too..

I have noticed that in my adventures of remodeling that some of the old old houses that were built on wood foundations have lasted better than some houses do when they are skirted in.. air keeps the wood from rotting..

I built this log house for a lady and will post a photo of it down the line aways ,,don't want your house to make mine look bad..lol