View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #110
atvpro

Re: C50 Pick-up Drill Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrollin70gmc View Post
This is an awesome project, very thought out and executed nicely. I've kept an eye out for a retired grain truck to tinker with, but something has to be said that you're actually doing it.

As for your wheel problems, have you considered putting dually axles under it? The rear would get you extra width to fill the flare with a regular wheel on it and the front would widen out as well. Just a thought, or I run a 2005 AAM 14 Bolt that's wider than the stock 70s/ 80s 14 bolts at 69 1/2" WMS and has factory discs and parking brake.

I look forward to the updates and finished product.

It's funny you should mention that on the very morning I woke up at 3:00 am thinking about it. My intention was after I got up, and it was light outside, I was going to go measure axle widths, keeping in mind I am not planning on going away from an Eaton, one of my most favorite axles. I guess you could say it's in the same league as a 205 transfer case. So this is what I came up with; I am going to have to stick with the 2wd 411 possi I have in it. The only other option that I could think of, is to bolt on one ton dually hubs which seem to be quite a bit wider, just not sure I would do with the axle shafts. With all that said, camper special wheels in the front and custom camper special wheels in the back to end up with a even stance front to back.

Thank you for your comments, your compliments are appreciate it and respected.
atvpro is offline   Reply With Quote