View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 06:28 AM   #4
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: 60-66 gauge cluster restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1 Burb View Post
So what exactly does a guy get , new lens?, bezel bead blasted and painted etc.
That is a very good question. Let me break it down:

I start with your complete cluster.
I check the gauges (including speedometer for there operation and replace any that need replacing.
I completely disassemble the cluster right down to the last screw.
I bead blast all the tin work and the bezel.
I paint the tin work inside and out. I also remove the small tin work from the gauges and bead blast and paint inside and out.
I paint all the needles on the gauges and speedometer.
I reface the odometer numbers and reset to zero miles or what ever miles the customer request.
I reface the gauges and speedometer with a decal kit.
I wet sand and polish the original lens. I prefer to use the original lens over reproduction lens. If a good original is not available, I will use a reproduction.
I strip and paint the gauge face plate satin black as original.
I paint the bezel any color the customer wants. I will also polish a bezel for an additional fee.
I assemble the cluster completely and use new nuts. I also clean and polish the terminals on the back of the gauges.
I un-tape clean, inspect, repair and re tape the light harness.
I replace all of the light bulbs with the stock type or LED's for slightly more money.
I pay for any gauge or lens that needs replacing. It is part of the price.
I pay for return shipping back to the customer. This is usually around $20.00
Finally, I put my passion and love for restoring these into every one I do. Everyone is a little different than the last.

In my opinion, these look better on the back side than they do the front and it is a shame that the back of the cluster is never seen when it is installed in the truck.

Thank you for the question
Have a great holiday,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote