View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 02:39 AM   #44
bohmankid

Re: 1978 Big Ten, Big Block

Thank you all for compliments. I appreciate it.

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I stopped working on this truck since I'm doing an LS swap in my 4x4 right now, but I'll give you an update of what's new. I put the bed back on and my new rear end with 4.11 gears. With the new gears, it feels a little different. This truck pulls extremely hard.

I put a new (used) hood on it. The old one was rusting out through the bottom. This one only has surface rust.

a couple pics of the short bed with the long bed. These pictures were taken right before the blue one was crashed. The long bed truck will be missed, R.I.P.

Here's a picture of my truck and that beautiful sunset we had awhile back thanks to those Tooele fires.

Since my 85 gmc is crashed, I pulled the rust free doors off that and put them on the short bed (the old doors had rust bubbles forming along the bottom). The 'new' doors currently have electric windows and locks so I'm going to try to convert them into this truck.

I also installed new DJM drop coils on the front. It raised about an inch or two and I like this stance much better. The lower control arms do not hit anything anymore and the bump stops are not touching. I also replaced all four ball joints along with nitro drop shocks.

I currently have the interior stripped down to all metal and will be wire wheeling, painting with POR-15, laying down dynamat and new carpet.

Let me add that the 4.11 gears are not too daily driver friendly, but this truck is fun to drive.

Look what I found on the internet. I'm thinking about going out and having one made for myself!!

bohmankid is offline   Reply With Quote