View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #41
tlcrz1972

Re: '72 Sierra Grande Critique

That is a good catch, now that bring that up. I'm not 100% knowledgeable of GMC's but wouldn't the Sierra Grande's have the flat fancy door panels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC69Rat View Post
Wow, good catch man. I didn't even see that. I think the Cargo light was an option through about mid year 69, then the Cheyenne / Cheyenne Super / Sierra Grande trucks got them light as part of the package.

I wouldn't rule it out through. I know a fella with a Sierra Grande SWB truck that a tree fell across the cab and the roof has been replaced. He drives it every day. Something could have happened to the truck through the years and they swapped the cab, replaced the roof, etc.

I have read one of nine trucks that came down the assembly line were GMCs. They are pretty rare, I'd at least check it out. That cargo light can always be added.

Did you know (so I hear) the cargo light is the same housing as the rear reverse lights on a 1969 Camaro Rally Sport ? .. just flipped upside down.

Good luck man.
1972 Chevrolet Cheyenne LB 1/2 ton finished restoration/rebuild 1995 350 throttle body FI, 4L6E (running on modified GM wiring harness) 3.08 posi rearend, factory A/C on 134A, p/s, p/b, late 70's power windows and locks and cruise, speakers in the dash + 6x9's behind the seat, factory tilt, 40 gallon fuel tank in the bed with integrated tool box, air assist bags on the rearend, sway bar up front and much more.

1972 chevrolet SNB finished 2002, 350 TB FI, TH400, factory A/C, p/b, p/s, (FOR SALE)

1969 Chevrolet 1 ton in work, home made PTO dump bed extended frame, 350 CI ,

1972 Chevrolet 3/4 ton suburban future project

1972 Chevrolet 3/4 ton p/u maybe a project one day

1966 Toyota Landcruiser my playtoy
tlcrz1972 is offline   Reply With Quote