View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 12:56 AM   #40
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Let's see your homemade crafts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Leon .I like the firetruck ,,good measurements on it ,, my eyes are bad ,whats the shiny thing in the rear of it ,,a tank? also the wife likes your house and likes the leaded glass too.. I told her you probably had 48 on and 48 off at the firehouse ..lol..
Larry,

It is the steam boiler. The picture was taken before I put the top on it. I turned the top out of pine on my wood lathe...

Tell your wife thank you for me. Our shifts were 24 on 48 off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
This is a big tinkering that I did some 25 years erecting and building this Log House ,pine log lower and stick framed upper..

This lady had a friend that put up the money for all this building before he died ,,She had his ashes put into the cement of the foundation to this log house.. I said okay so helped her do so when pouring the cement for the foundation walls..

Inside the log house the lady wanted rope trim around all the corners and doors and windows,, only photo I could find of the rope trim

This is where I was replacing the rotted shake roof with metal roofing. this photo is some years after the log house build

The lady wanted a barn ,,so this is what I built for her

Then the lady wanted a secret bunkhouse inside the barn so this is what I came up with doors to look like just a storage room in a barn.

This is the insides of the bunk house with a kitchen ,visiting room ,bed room

Man, that cabin is neat. I didn't expect to see that much room in the bunkhouse... What a hide away...

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote