View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
steveos80c10

Thumbs down no heat using a clutchless flex fan

hey guys

i did a swap and have a small block now where my straight six used to be. i went with a clutch-less fan/flex fan set up and i now have no heat. i did this in the summer so i had no idea until now.

when im driving i have nothing but when i slam in the breaks and come to a stop for about 30 seconds ill have heat. i swapped my motor out bc i overheated the inline six and had anti freeze coming out of my exhaust. lol gee say crack head anyone?

could that have done damage or is my new fan set up screwing me? i called the company and they have no clue. and not to mention since the swap my fan sites about 8 inchs away from the rad lol with the clutch fan or flex lol so i have no idea guys. any input lol?

btw put a new thermostat in when i did the swap.
and i sometimes but not often, almost get to 3 quarters on the temp gauge but she drops down to half or a little less and stays around there.
and wit the clutch fan it would overheat if i left it running, hence why i tried a cluchless fan.

could it be cooling my motor off to quick lol? why would i get heat for seconds but temp guage stay the same, or why would i almost get to 3 quaters but feel no heat lol? idk.....
steveos80c10 is offline   Reply With Quote