View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #16
Jahloha

Re: No time no money and very little desire!

Man, thats a tough situation; but having a finance background, that monthly payment is just screaming at me. Here's an option that is focused on finances and the survivor truck:

-Sell the project truck...pocket the cash
-Do an inventory of all your parts, take time to type each piece out. Then go through that list, decide what you want to use on the survivor, then post that newly created list on our forum. The more organized you make all these pieces appear, the better selling results you will have.
-Search around storage units. A lot of these storage places, if you give them a heads up, can offer you a large unit (to house all your current parts/pieces), then downsize the unit as your sell off parts. This will allow you to even lower that monthly storage fee, saving money in the end.
-Lastly, you can change your way of thinking about that garage monthly charge. If you have been able to financially survive while making those 1500/month payments. Get your stuff out of that garage asap and continue to budget as if you were making this payment, but instead of paying for the garage you are now out of, put that money to your survivor and get it primo; even farming out work if needed.

Once again, my mind thinks by numbers. I see your situation as a good one. You have a way to cut costs (garage to storage units), make money (sell project and extra parts), and finish your truck using the savings and earned money.

My grandpa, Gramps, won a 1970 C20 in 1969 for $1. I'm on a mission to restore it before he passes.

My 1970 C20 Build Thread
Jahloha is offline   Reply With Quote