Bennett68C10

Re: Project "What was I Thinking" 68 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Love those DD gauges!
Thanks Mike, I just can't wait to my truck actually needs them

Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
Those gauges are nice! I've got a set in blue for my GTO. Too lazy to start rewiring the car right now though so I don't have them installed yet.
Well what are you waiting for I hear you, I feel the same way when I look at my truck sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbabwe View Post
Red (or any color) with white and full trim looks great.
Yeah I just hope I like the side trim on there after I drill holes all over the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Performance View Post
Gauges are going to look great in there, and looking forward to seeing the truck come together. I am now subscribed!
Thanks Travis, I'm keeping a relatively stock looking interior and I think these gauges in a stock bezel will compliment it perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
White grill would look great. Gives just enough of the classic look without being too much. Body color roof keeps it modern and 'sporty'. <--- my .02

Keep up the good work!
Thanks I think this is where I'm leaning towards, bright Red body with a White grill to set it off and White letters on the tailgate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
Nice purchase on the gauges Keith. Your truck is looking great.
Thanks, your making some nice progress on yours too. I know your looking for wheels and believe me I know how hard it can be to find the right ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC69Rat View Post
I have asked before, just cant remember. Sanderson or Headman headers? Mind sharing the part number? I'm going to change to a mid length header on mine, the Flowtechs hang a little lower than my truck will handle.
No problem Chad they are Hedman Chevelle mid-length part number 68618. I'm pretty sure Hedman makes a C-10 small and big block specific mid-length header now. You should check into those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie468 View Post
Your going to love those gauges ! As far as the paint theme , I vote for the white ( ivory ) grille and full trim !
Thanks Mike, looks like I will be going in that direction. It will look similar to yours except for Red. I just hope it comes out half as nice as yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coueshunter View Post
Truck is coming along great! Love the ideas you've come up with and changes along the way even though your pocketbook doesn't like buying more then one set if wheels lol
Thanks, yeah I have made some changes on wheels and the last one changing from the Vintecs to the Retros was probably a stupid one but oh well. At least I didn't really lose any money on that one. I had a lot going on in my life then and wasn't thinking with a clear head. Sometimes I wish I would have kept them, oh well that's the way life goes. It's ok though, I love the Intros, they look awesome and I really don't see them much. I plan on keeping this truck for a long long long time so this is definitely not the last set of wheels it will have maybe one day you will see Vintecs on this truck again

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10

Last edited by Bennett68C10; 12-07-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote